Dear all, CALLING ON VOLUNTEERS FROM ACROSS THE CLUB
List of jobs we will try and get done post the 1st Test on Saturday 24th includes:
- Lower all posts to replace all bolts in the bases, tighten cross bars and clean all posts.
- Litter pick all round pitch 2 fence line (cable ties etc) and around container – all sorts of rubbish lying around!
- Empty container, sweep out and re- pack
- Rake up and dispose of grass cuttings in front of container and any straw left on pitches (not much but helpful to remove if we can)
- Clean up all leaves in car park adjacent clubhouse, as these are blocking the main drain
- Clean out land drain that runs diagonally across car park adjacent to clubhouse – Derek will bring a jet washer to assist
- Move half bag of soil from car park and locate next to bag of sand other side of railings.
- Derek and Andrew Bird will be working on the new IPA cooling system could maybe do with a pair of hands to help.
- Silvia will be clearing out, cleaning and repacking rear storage and cellar area could also do with a pair of hands.
- We would like to paint soffits and repair damaged and sagging gutters.
- We would also like to deal with the mud patch at front of clubhouse. This would require skimming a few inches off the top then using Derek's van collecting and tipping fresh bark. Any member who has access to a mini digger would be great. Derek would like to put in a few stone filled “vertical French drains” so if someone could bring a pole hole digger that would be perfect. We would also need shovels, spades and wheel barrows.
Updated 21:49 - 20 Jun 2017 by Peter Watson